Friday, February 24, 2006

What a difference a day makes

Feeling much better today. I skipped my evening spin session to get a bit more rest, and turned in early after a glass of red wine.

Got up bright and early today (5:30!) and zipped over to the pool for a swim session. Did 2200 yards, with 5 x 100 yards on 2:15 in the middle. I held pace pretty well, completing each repeat in around 1:45. I was encouraged that I didn't run out of gas on the last couple, and maintained my tempo and pace.

Finished the session with a 500 yard free in 9:55. Again, a very steady performance. While my speed isn't going up by leaps and bounds, I'm getting stronger at holding a consistent pace for longer distances.

Tomorrow looks like a nice day, so I'm heading out for a road ride in the afternoon. While I don't want to put a lot of pressure on myself, it'll be interesting to see if I'm riding any faster over familiar territory after some consistent indoor training and the addition of aero bars.

My training log at Beginner Triathlete.

No comments: