Monday, February 20, 2006

A few days off

Went to West Virginia over the weekend to visit my mom, who's 72 and suffers from a progressive neourological disorder. She's still at home, though with round the clock care -- hopefuly for a little while yet.

Took the opportunity Friday to stop at Timberline and get some skiing in -- my first trip of the year. Timberline's an unpretentious little place, but has a nice mountain and some fun slopes. Probably did about 60% of my runs on the Blue slopes, including a very nice new trail called "Twister" that snakes around the south side of the mountain. Took one run down the a Black slope -- went fine, but I've got to ski very defensively on the steeps -- Blues are more my speed!

What with travel and cold weather, I didn't get any workouts in on Saturday and Sunday. That's probably just as well, since I was starting to feel a bit worn out. My average aerobic training hours for the last three weeks has been over 5-1/2 hours per week, compared with about 4-3/4 hours per week for the same period in January. I'm stepping back to 4-1/2 for this week, then kick up the level a bit for the next four week period.

My training log at Beginner Triathlete.

No comments: