Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Morning runs rock!



When you can get out of bed, that is...

This morning was one of the good ones. I'd gotten everything ready the night before, so all I had to do was roll out of bed, slip on my gear, grab some coffee and grub, and get going.

It was cold, about 28 degrees, but there was no wind, so it was actually quite comfortable. With Ginger in tow, I took in a 3.1 mile course around the neighboorhood. Didn't have my HRM on, but the overall effort felt just about right. Good and steady, taking the hills in stride.

Left ankle tendonitis is slowly fading, though it was getting sore by the end. I'll continue to limit the overall miles to 10-12 per week, with long runs of 4-5 miles, until April.

BTW, that beautiful sunrise picture is from somewhere in Sweden, not Charlottesville. But you get the idea...

My training log at Beginner Triathlete.

No comments: