Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Weights -- whew!

As I said yesterday, I've never been much of a weights fan. But it's interesting how the field has changed. Had a good session with Jenny, who ran me through a set of about 10 different activities. About 1/2 of the work was with a Bosu ball -- an interesting device that stresses balance while doing activities with weights. Squats, especially, were a real challenge and had a definite "feel the burn" aspect.

Otherwise, a set of range of motion exercises with an emphasis on the core muscles, plus a free weight session with an incline bench. The whole regime should take about 30 minutes, and be done twice a week. I'm going to have to be sure to work this in so the sessions integrate well with my other workouts.

In other news, got in a good 3.1 mile run this AM -- steady pace, around 9:20/mile, but felt good over some nice terrain.

My training log at Beginner Triathlete.

No comments: