Thursday, March 02, 2006

Still on schedule!

As I related a few posts ago, I'm trying to keep my training hours up this week although I'll be out of town this weekend (Friday afternoon - Sunday night). So far, so good -- with a bit more effort I'll make it up to 6-1/2 run/swim/cycle training hours, with two strength-training sessions as well.

Hard swim this morning. A big set of drill and kick work in the middle of the workout left me pretty gassed, and two ladder swims at the end took what was left. It didn't help that I was trying to keep up with a guy in the class who's about 15 years younger than me. I could probably take him, but he was wearing these incredibly large fins that gave him a big speed advantage (at least, that's my excuse).

I've got a 1 hour cycle scheduled for tonight -- a good time to catch up on the Tivo. A 30 minute run is on tap for the morning, and I've got to fit my strength training in as well. Hang in there!

My training log at Beginner Triathlete.

No comments: