Monday, March 13, 2006

A solid week done...now on to the next

Finished up my training week on Sunday with a 30 mile ride. It was pleasantly warm here in central Virginia (about 75-80), and I did a favorite route in the western part of Albemarle County, ducking through the foothills of the Shenandoah. A very strong ride for me -- 30 miles in 1:52, for a 16.3 average -- all through hilly terrain.

Totals for last week were: 3 hours, 52 minutes cycling -- 59.7 miles; 1 hour, 12 minutes running -- 8.1 miles, 2 hours swimming -- 5050 yards. In addition two 1/2 hour strength training sessions.

The goal for this week is pretty similar, although a sore left knee and quad muscle may hold the running total down a bit, and the weather may not be so kind for cycling next weekend. After this week, it's time for a recovery week, consultation with my trainer, and a 90 minute massage. That'll be sweet...

My training log at Beginnertriathlete.com.

No comments: