Friday, May 25, 2007

Swim waves are up!

In another sign that the race is hurtling down upon me, the swim waves for Eagleman are up!

The good news? I get to start fairly early (7:21 AM), so less time hanging around getting nervous. The bad news? Lots of younger people behind me, so I'll need to concentrate on my pace, and not worry about the young bucks blasting past me. Of course, I do have some older waves ahead of me, so I'll get to do my share of passing as well, I suppose.

In other news, my bike is tuned up, and a new chain installed -- thanks to CVille Bike and Tri. Rode an easy 30 minutes this morning and she was shifting like a dream -- good stuff!

Sticking with the training schedule pretty well, and making up a missed swim at lunch today. For the weekend I've got a 10 mile run and a 3-hour bike, with Memorial Day off. My knee's just a bit sore, so I think I'll shift the run to Monday and rest a bit on Saturday.

Ken

Training logs.

No comments: