Monday, April 16, 2007

Easy week!

Well, I'm on a mini-taper of sorts before my first tri of the year. I'll be racing on Sunday, April 22, at the Kinetic Sprint Tri on Lake Anna in Virginia. Pluses: I'm in good shape, and have had a lot of good training weeks leading up to this, plus the bike course should be pretty flat and fast. Minuses: the friggin' water will be freezing!

We've had a real cold snap the last few weeks, like much of the country, so I'm expecting water temperatures in the 50s. This may be a time when my relatively good swim times are a big help. I'll spend less time in the water before I've got to get on the bike!

At least the weather forecast is good. Highs in the low 70s and sunny. Positively balmy. And certainly better than the cold rainy weather we've had to endure. No more 3-hour trainer rides -- please!

Ken

My training logs.

No comments: